Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bullpen



Some pretty shitty performances out of the bullpen these last few nights, and it has rachel maddow and david bowie concerned. Up to this point it's been tough to bitch about the bullpen, they've been fairly rock solid (a bit 'bend but not break' I suppose). But, these last couple of games were pretty lame in the late innings, so yeah, I'm officially bitching about them. I guess you could also blame the RISP LOB (as usual).

And why is Paulino getting put in during tied games? I don't care if he has good 'stuff'; the guy puts runners on base and/or gives up runs.... very Hurdle-esque in my opinion.

2 comments:

TroutDog said...

These last two games make me want to cancel my mlb.tv subscription. Not only are the crap endings giving me an ulcer, but the time zone issue is making me stay up way too late. Staying up til 1:30 am to watch a baseball game is a bit redic, especially when it ends the way the last two games have.

Regarding the Great Paulino, I'm guessing the bullpen was pretty gassed from the night before. But yeah, kind of knew the game was over at that point. Bettenfart with some pretty tough luck in the 8th. Ring Around the Posey's flare hit that started it all was not hit well. We should be up at least 5 in the division at this point. The lack of timely hitting has obviously also been a killer.

Oh, and we have Clay Mortensen going tonite. Great. Not taking advantage of the luck of missing little Timmy and Sanchez in this series.

Stay away Bowie....

TroutDog said...

Oh, and we're 0-4 in extra innings. Nice....